Friday, July 23, 2010

Commitment

The volume of text input, the different places to go to find information about what to do, signing in here or setting up an account there, elluminate classroom sessions - everything we need is there and it's good, really. But the commitment on the behalf of the student to get organised, to persist, to find the answers... I do think it's worth it and I'm not complaining; it has just that it has made me think about what it must be like for my learners... daunting and intimidating perhaps, and lonely.

I ask myself how much of an assumption on the digital literacy of our students is it reasonable to make?

1 comment:

Sarah Stewart said...

I'll be honest...if this were some sort of other course, I'd cut the number of tools right down. This course potentially can be very intimidating for people will minimal digital literacy. But...because this is a course on online facilitation...I have taken more of a 'lets throw you in the deep end' approach...time will tell if that approach works :)